Train the Trainer – Living with Shiftwork and 4 Pillars of Shiftwork Success®
This workshop is for shiftworkers and health professionals who would like a structured approach, and a tool box to support their colleagues to manage shiftwork better.
Full day workshop
- Why is shiftwork different to day work?
- Overview of causes and risks of workplace fatigue
- Sleep architecture and the impact of working shifts
- The 4 Pillars of Shiftwork Success® (using a sleep menu, selecting alertness strategies, keeping active and managing work-life balance.)
- What makes a good trainer?
- Basic training / mentoring skills to help get the message across
- Using a mentoring model to support your colleagues
- Ethical considerations
- Setting goals and using measurable outcomes
This workshops will help participants have structured conversations about managing shiftwork, sleep and alertness. Assessments and information sheets are included to help participants deliver information with confidence.
Those wanting to obtain a certificate of competency can enroll in the Shiftwork Services Mentor Programme which includes ongoing training, support, and a knowledge test.