Managing Sleep and Shiftwork – Skills for Monday – Goodfellow Unit
Shiftwork and Fatigue
Key information about shiftwork and fatigue for General Practitioners and other primary care health professionals
- Why is shiftwork different to day work
- Overview of causes and risks of workplace fatigue
- Sleep architecture and the impact of working shifts on fatigue, safety and performance
- Sleep friendly rosters – and how to use a biomathematical approach to assessing hours of work
- Developing a personalised action plan using The 4 Pillars of Shiftwork Success®
Workshop (50 minutes)
Sleep essentials for health professionals
This workshop is designed to help you get the sleep you need without using medication. Participants will learn how to:
- Use a sleep menu to improve both quality and quantity of sleep
- Calm the body and the mind after a busy day of day or night shift
- Power nap effectively to boost alertness when you need it.
This will be an online event. Registration will be viz The Good Fellow Unit.