We can provide a scientific objective assessment of hours of work. To do this we use FAID® software. FAID® is a specialised software program which assesses the fatigue level of your employees based on their hours worked.
Fig : 1 example of fatigue chart measuring predicted fatigue for each hour worked.
Using advanced modeling techniques the system enables you to:
- Provide an objective scientific assessment of rosters to help with industrial relations negotiations
- Identify exactly when individual staff are working at excessive fatigue levels
- View fatigue distribution across all the staff working at any one time
- Refine rosters and scheduling practices for maximum efficiency
- Track fatigue levels in relation to incident frequency, absenteeism levels and employee sick days to show the relationship between high fatigue levels and its related costs to the organisation.
What clients have said about using the FAID® software
“The most valuable information for us was a scientific understanding of the hours of work. This information enables us to identify high risk times so that we can put in countermeasures to help keep staff safe.” Roger Bain , Health and Safety Superintendent, Oceana Gold
“Faid®Safe has enabled us to work smarter not harder. It is about looking after the health and general wellbeing of people, which in turn has led to improvements in safety and productivity within our work force”. David Payne , Pilot, Marine Operations
FAID® was developed by staff from Interdynamics, and the Centre for Sleep Research (University of South Australia).